Hi, anyone went through natural delivery without taking epidural? I am not taking epidural but open to laughing gas and injection in thigh as the 2 options for pain relief. Mind to share how the contractions feel like? This is my first pregnancy and I can take mentration pain but not needle pain.

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Went through natural delivery without epidural. Took laughing gas but was really not helpful anyway. My contractions were mostly pains on my lower back area. Felt like someone repeatedly punching that area till it becomes so sore. But of course, like all other moms, i feel that nothing can really describes the pain as well. I took one contraction at a time. Whenever the contractions go away for 3-5 min, i take that time to rest and prepare myself for the next round of contractions. Keep telling myself that it'll only last for 40 secs and thats it. No epidural and the injection cause i wanted to know how it feels like. Thats just how i got through labour. It is all in the mind. Think positive and stay strong. However, some moms go through really long hours of labour. If your gut feeling tells you that your body cannot take it any longer, do whats best for yourself.

Read more
8y ago

You along with other mummies sharing makes me feel that I can do it! I heard the contractions are sore, similar to food poisoning whereby the tummy churning and twisting.