When babywearing an infant who has yet to achieve neck control, how do you ensure that baby has chin off with open airways when using a SCC? I am using a tula with baby infant insert as it is with no modifications but an struggling to prevent baby's head from flopping forward. Baby is almost 4kg. When worn, is high enough for me to kiss his head, although baby's head is lower than the height of the insert and unable to 'look ' at the surroundings

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To protect your baby against slouching, airway compromise, and other serious risks, use a carrier or wrap that fits your baby well. Do not modify your carrier or use it in ways which it has not been designed to be used. That being said, how heavy is your baby now? I read that the Tula Infant Insert works for babies weighing 7lbs or 3.1kg. If you have utilised the insert properly according to instructions, the insert should cover the baby's stomach and reach somewhere at or around baby's belly button. When you lift the insert with baby to your chest in preparation to attach the rest of the carrier, hold the insert and baby high enough till you are able to kiss the top of baby's forehead. The link below shows a step-by-step pictorial instruction on proper usage of the Tula carrier and insert. Hope it helps :) http://www.tulababycarriers.com/pages/infant-insert-instructions

Read more
VIP Member

I haven't tried baby wearing my baby (she's 13 months now) but I'll do when I get the chance again :) But I was able to read articles about and and the how's and why's of it. And came across with this article which I think I'll share with you: "Wear your baby safely in style" http://sg.theasianparent.com/babywearing-safety-tips-precautions/ Hope you'll get tips from this too!

Read more

Why are you not using infant friendly carriers? There are many in the market. Probably can explore more at www.facebook.com/babycarriersrentalsg p/s: i think you also do not need already since qns is 8 mths ago.. 😂 look for toddler carriers now! 😉