Anyone tried hiring a stay-out yaya? Like yaya goes home at night and just come back early tomorrow. Is it better than stay-in ones?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I have a friend who has a yaya ever since she gave birth to her eldest daughter. During the early years of her kids, she required stay in yayas. She and her husband were both working back then so they had no choice but to trust someone who would look after their kids when they were away from home. But now that their children are independent enough to live on their own, her family would only hire stay out yayas just to accompany my friend. Yes, it was now her who is at home since she filed an early retirement. The main purpose of their stay out yaya is mainly to do household chores. It is definitely very cost efficient, as per their current experience.

Magbasa pa

I experienced having a stay-out yaya for 2.5 months with my first child back in 2014. She comes in at 7AM until 5PM. I work from home so she's just there to assist me with some household chores and look after my baby if needed. I would say it would depend on your preference. If you are not that comfortable to have other people in your household, it is better to get a stay-out house help. Plus, the rate is much lower and you'd only serve them snacks and lunch.

Magbasa pa
8y ago

Thanks for sharing your experience! Really appreciate it! :)