Pooping during labour

Anyone poop during labour? Wondering if it’s common...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hahahah yes it is! Extremely normal apparently! I was on epidural and once they told me to try to push as if I’m pooping since I can’t felt anything waist down and don’t know which muscles to use. So I acted like I pooped, So curiously I asked if real poop came out, the nice nurse told me ‘oh yes a little but this is normal!’ So yeah! Tbh I wasn’t even embarrassed cause the labour was so painful I can’t be bothered but I was apologetic throughout 😂

Read more
4y ago

Thanks for sharing! :) For my case, I poop while I was under GA and I felt so embarrassed when my gynae told me after the ops! I feel so apologetic and bad towards my gynae 😂

The nurse made me clear my bowel before sending me to the delivery ward. But didnt clear enough. Was on epidural and i guess i didnt stop pooping after (cant feel cant control). 😂 but the nurse was on shift looked so piss off. Hahaha by the time i gave birth to my girl, no more poop liao. Im not apologetic loh~ 😬

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, it’s common..cause I did 🙈(my doctor said she wanted clean it before i push my baby come out) hehe although before that i have passed motion when the nurse gave me the medication from buttock 🙊

Very common. I've never experienced it before but heard from friends and relatives about their experience.

Super Mum

no I didn't. they let me poop first b4 labour

Yes its common I guess