Infant care dilemma

Hi all, anyone has any thoughts on private vs government infant care? My hubby and I are both working, in laws and parents are also not able to help look after... not much options left. Was suggested to hire helper instead of sending to infant care, but heard a lot of horror stories hence not so keen to hire. What are your thoughts? Appreciate any response :) thank you.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m sending my girl to my first skool and the experience is good so far. Personally, I don’t think govt / private really matters at infant care level. At this age they can’t do much anyway, just feeding, sleeping, change diaper. And they’re happy with simple interactions and activities when they’re awake. As long as my baby’s basic needs are met, and teachers are kind and patient towards her, it’s good enough for me. Convenient location is also important as commuting with baby can be quite challenging, unless you have a car. I guess private is more expensive because they may have better facilities (furniture, toys etc.) and teacher-student ratio may be lower. Also they tend to be more tech savvy, like I heard some have apps that provide live updates about your child, as compared to my ifc where communication to parents (e.g. what time they feed, sleep, change diaper) is manually recorded in a book. My ifc also has an app but it’s only for checking in and out daily, and occasionally upload photos of the kids’ activities.

Read more
5mo ago

thank you for sharing! I have tried to enroll but the MFS and Sparkletots near my area are all fully subscribed 🥲