Small eater

Anyone has small eater baby that only takes in 50-80ml per feed for 6 mths old? Im struggling to meet my babies min daily intake cause he drinks so little every feed..

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, when my son is 6mths old, he drinks 50-60ml till his 1yr old. Frequency is every 2hrs. Now his 2.5yrs old and his drinking 200ml or sometimes 150ml. I'm glad that even his a small eater & picky, his weight is gradually increasing so PD is not concern. BTW, his a preemie so he have small stomach. Maybe you like to check with the PD what type of milk is suitable for growth. All the best.

Read more

My son is a small eater and only takes in 90ml every 2 hrs at 6 mths. I guess its pretty normal as the pd that i went to stated that he has a small stomach thus that ‘little’ milk intake in 2 hrs which is suppose to be 3 for other babies. You might want to check with pd’s

5y ago

Weight gain not much too. But pd says unless he’s eating and drinking well that shouldn’t be a problem

VIP Member

If your baby's weight and height is OK then nothing to worry about, also depends how many times you feed your child. Maybe check with the pd to see how you can improve his appetite?

VIP Member

How is baby growth? They will gradually increase, have you start giving solid?

VIP Member

Hi... feed frequently and introduce solids to your child.

How much in total does he take in everyday?

5y ago

600plus + 1 solid meal

My baby too!

5y ago

My baby is almost 3 months now and she drinks a total of 400ml+ only a day. She gains weight but at a slower rate. How about your baby? What’s her weight now and how much does she drink a day?

Mine

5y ago

Can share how much your baby take a day? Did he/she manage to have proper weight gain?

Super Mum

Is your baby drinking frequently? How is your baby's growth? Did PD mention anything?

5y ago

We try to give him 100ml every 2 hrs, but he rejects it after 50-80ml. No weight gain after 5 mths so pd is quite worried. Mentioned is reflux and give baby medication. I’m trying to see if any baby has such situation to share how to resolve it..