pet and baby

anyone here had to give up their pets for whatever reason due to baby? i’m facing this potential situation and my heart is breaking. but i may be forced to do so as caregiver is pressuring me and i am working most of the time. i just have no solution and feeling so helpless and depressed. any advice and sharing will be appreciated. thank you.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Are you able to find a trainer for your pet to tame on the aggression? With a new member in the household, he may be become territorial. You may want to explore this option before giving him up. As a pet owner, I'll be heart broken too if I have to give up my dog for the sake of the baby. Hope you are able to find a solution for this. Hugs.

Read more
4y ago

i have actually engaged a trainer, supposedly best in sg, his charges are high as well. was only advised to muzzle him and confine him. which i don’t see as a perm solution. i have been told by other experienced dog handlers also that some dogs like mine came with history so can only be managed, not changed. i have exhausted all options, cried whenever i think of giving him up and thus feeling super sad on top of having to deal with a new born and all the issues of a FTM.

VIP Member

Hey, maybe have a nice talk to the caregiver? My dog was with me for 15 years. Initially when my lo was born, definitely wasn’t easy. Lo will be startle by the barks. But soon, they learn how to adapt to each other.

4y ago

dog showed aggression and caregiver is not comfortable. also worried next time may bite baby.