Feeling depressed

Is there any first time mummies who tried so hard to get pregnant and when you finally do, you feel so depressed, so scared that baby is going to be born unhealthy as I am obese. I am also facing rather bad morning sickness and just got diagnosed with high blood pressure at only week 8 of pregnancy, mood swings are really bad. I feel guilty for feeling like this and I don’t know how to continue on with the pregnancy #advicemommies #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

So sorry to hear what you're going through...I felt the same at the first few weeks. We tried really hard, had a MC and went through IVF. Was so afraid to lose this baby at first but I'm slowly learning to let go as the weeks pass and focus on doing things that make me happy. Short walks in nature help me feel better and bonus free Vit D from sunlight! :) Do your best but if the feelings get more intense, do consult a counsellor from the hospital if they have one. Sending hugs 🙆🏻‍♀️

Read more
3mo ago

That’s great to hear. How many weeks along are you? Also how many rounds of IVF did it take to successfully conceive?

Happy thoughts. Now you’re so close to another person. So dearly and precious. If I were you, I will take this opportunity to “reset” myself by eating well, light exercise and sleep to my heart’s content