Anyone encounter during their pregnancy, their pubic and anal area changes to a darker colour? How to get rid of it? Right now I'm pregnant. But i notice the change in my pubic skin colour. Felt abit upset and disgusted by it :(

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi during pregnancy most women go through some skin pigmentation changes. Some people get it at obvious areas like the neck areas like my sister in law. At least yours is in a private area so that is a consolation. But don't worry the pigmentation will go off after delivery. It will take some time but it does. Don't feel disgusted by it, you should feel proud of it. It is a testament to the kind of body changes you have to go through to have a baby and you and your husband should love and embrace all the changes :) big hugs

Read more

It's perfectly normal, part of the hormones. Like the line on your tummy. Only thing that will really get rid of it is time, once you have the baby it should disappear on its own (but it may take a year).

TapFluencer

This is a natural phenomenon when women are pregnant. No point fighting it. Everything goes back to normal after giving birth

Hi it's normal, due to the hormonal change. Don't worry and don't be so affected by it!

VIP Member

Hi... it’s a transitional phase. Things will revert back to normal after delivery

Is pretty normal. Will go off gradually after giving birth.

VIP Member

It’s normal due to our hormones changes. Don’t worry.

Normal,part of the motherhood phase

VIP Member

It's perfectly normal (:

VIP Member

it's normal