Anyone can share their views on cheap and good diapers? was looking between wash cloths and disposable diapers.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can stock up diapers when there is any promotion deal at NTUC Fairprice or Cold Storage. To decide between disposable diapers vs. cloth diapers, it depends on whether you have people to help you to wash and dry the cloth diaper. For initial months, i suggest to use disposable diapers as newborns pee and poop more frequent, the time and energy in using cloth diaper is far more than a disposable diaper, especially if you have older kids need to attend to and no additional help. However, if baby is developing nappy rash you may want to use cloth diaper for a few days first before it heal completely. When baby is getting older, a cloth diaper will be more economical in the long run as compared to disposable diaper.

Read more

Wash clothes are definitely cheaper in the long run and there are really cheap ones you can find online. Firstly using cloth diapers can be a big commitment in terms of time and effort. A newborn baby can use up to 8 cloths a day and it concerns pee and poop so you will need to do the laundry everyday. In terms of the water consumed and time taken, I'm not sure how the costs measure up for you. Not forgetting you need to keep folding them too! Baby's skin is better ventilated using wash cloth as well compared to a diaper. It's your call though I think diapers are more convenient. Onwards is cheap and a brand with good reviews.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

Why not try out reusable cloth diapers? It's an investment which is more economical in the long run. I currently use Moo Moo Kow when at home and disposable diapers when outside and at night. It's one size, which means the same diaper is able to fit newborns and toddlers alike. I would suggest a mix of both, as cloth diapers are too cumbersome to bring outside and are not able to last through the night without changing. For disposables, Goo.N is an economical brand. http://pregnant.sg/articles/a-guide-to-buying-the-best-diapers/

Read more
Post reply image

thanks