Severe IUGR baby

Anyone’s baby is diagnosed with IUGR? When i was 30 weeks, doctor said that my baby’s weight is only 1.1kg. During the scan, it showed that the blood flow from my placenta to baby is not good and doctor said that its showing reversed blood flow. Even the blood flow in my baby’s brain is not great. Any mummies have experience this and what can i expect after birth? Also what can i do to improve the situation or atleast maintain ? :(

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I had this in 2020 and had to deliver at 26wks due to severe and early onset of IUGR plus reversed blood flow. There will come a time where baby is better out than in and since you’ve passed 30wks, the chances of thriving are much higher. Baby will need NICU but trust that they will be in the best of hands. It’ll be good to request to speak to the neonatal team to get a better idea of what to expect after birth. With reversed flow, it’s better to get baby out asap as the placenta and your body will start taking from baby instead of providing for them to grow. Also will be good to request for steroids shots to help mature baby’s lungs. I know it’s a very scary journey and I’ve been there too but trust in the NICU team, they’re angels and my boy wouldnt be here today if it wasn’t for them. Wishing you the very best!

Read more

I believe the gynae will advise you on your condition accordingly. Best is to follow what your gynae said since they’re more expert in this.

follow what doctor advise