High Uterine Artery Resistance

Hi all, I had my 20th week detailed scan and gynae said I had high uterine artery resistance, meaning blood flow to placenta not good, alot of resistance. She started me on aspirin (blood thinner) and calcium supplements. Gynae also shared that baby could be premature, have low birth weight or stunted growth if continue to have high resistance. Anyone had similar experience? Was there anything that helped improve the blood circulation other than aspirin?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

By far I think it might be the best method thus far to help your baby. Aspirin is safe for use in pregnancy so no need to worry about it! Just be mindful to monitor yourself if you bruise or bleed, as aspirin has a mild anti platelet effect, meaning that it may be harder for clotting of your blood after bleeding takes place. If you’re placed on the typical dosage of 100mg though, it shouldn’t be much of a cause for concern, but it is still better to play safe to monitor yourself when there’s bruising or bleeding.

Read more

I’ve similar issue but doc didn’t prescribe me any medication. He kept me on the watch, made me come back weekly to monitor the resistance... since wk28... hope situation improves... also been told may deliver sooner

Hi, i m experiencing this too. Hows yr condition? Can share? Feeling worried now. On aspirin too

hi, im having the same condition. may i know which gynae you r seeing to manage ur care?