is it safe to take pi pa gap during pregnancy?

can anybody tell me, during pregnancy, can we take pi pa gao? I been coughing for 1 month. I am not able to sleep enough.

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I also did cough esp at night during early pregnancy. Went to see GP, after that gynae, they prescribed pregnancy safe cough syrup. The symptom was still around till I went to TCM. Due to my pregnancy, my TCM doctor prescribed mild/pregnancy safe medicine, so it took longer time to recover. Overall, for my condition, I was told to avoid chicken, egg and seafood for a mth. Now, the cough reduced, at least I could have better quality sleep. My cough started in aug. Now 5 mths pregnant.

Read more

Not suitable. I take a tea spoon of manuka honey and also brew hot ginger lemon drink to battle the cough. Both are safe during pregnancy. Take care!

Super Mum

I avoided. Check for the label for contraindication during pregnancy - i recalled reading it somewhere

I took it. But if u r worry shld check with ur gynae. Or see gp for professional advise

I did consume abit during pregnancy cos it was really very bad cough. Bb born healthy

VIP Member

I think cannot. I avoided and let the cough auto recover. Better consult your gynae.

VIP Member

It has herbal formulation, which may not be well studied for pregnancy safety yet

VIP Member

better go see doctor and ask for cough medicine that safe for pregnant

No please avoid it. It’s not suitable for pregnancy use.

Better not take pi pa gao. Its not suitable for pregnancy.