Hubby doesn’t want to do 50% of parenting as he says I don’t earn 50% of household income!

So angry with my husband. He says that he earns much more money than me. I earn about 50k a year and he earns around 250k. As such proportionately he should only do at best 20% of parenting duties and I should do the remainder. I work just as long hours as him. But my job doesn’t pay as well. What should I do! #assholehubby #ranting

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m so sorry you have such a husband!!! I know it’s wrong to ask someone to split up… but I would totally leave him and fight for half of his assets and a good monthly alimony. That way he don’t even need 0.1% of parenting duties. If you can’t give me your time, at least give me the money. It’s his money, his rights yes, if he don’t want to spend on his wife so be it… But I don’t understand why so calculative over his own flesh and blood. So next time when he’s old and fragile, should your kid only take care of him based on how much he pays? I really hope by then he would have saved a lot. 😉 You can offer him to go counselling as a last resort in hope for this rs to work. But at the same time, don’t feel affected by him anymore, live better than him instead. Don’t want to help? Don’t want to pay more? No worries, I’ll do it myself. But in the future if your child decides to call you uncle then you have to accept it. You don’t give 20% and expect 100%. That’s bullshit.

Read more