Ribena drink - too sweet?

Are we allowed to drink Ribena? Or drink in moderation? I know there’s the less sugar version. #10weekspregnant

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

plain water made me want to puke in my early first trimester. Dr suggested i could take some flavoured drinks like lemon water, or with a bit of ribena. i bought those packs of ribena light and would drink a little each time. it provided a huge relief to me. till now i still carry ribena pastilles around with me to help with nausea.

Read more

I have been craving sweet things almost every hour since second trimester. I try not to indulge in all, but limit my sweet drinks to meal times and choose yogurt drinks, orange juice and yakault if they are available to me.

I do drink it still, of course in moderation and watch your sugar intake. I bought those packet ribena and will drink one packet over 3-4 days. Only a few sips a day when I have the craving.

my gynae actually recommended me to drink ribena earlier on in my pregnancy if i could not take water! she suggested getting the syrup so you can dilute it more or less to your liking :)

What I did was buy the ones in the big bottle and mix with water myself. This allows me to control the amount of syrup I use per glass

3y ago

Same as me

Everything in moderation. You're still early so need to be careful on your sugar intake else you can get gestational diabetes.

can't take plain water so buy the bottle type to dilute with more water so that its not sweet

ribena is just sugar drinks. there are no vitamins inside. so dont waste money

TapFluencer

Yep in moderation, or you can dilute it to make it less sweeter.

Yes, I drank e less sugar ribena in moderate