What do you think of ECDA?

After applying for at least 8 preschool around my area Bukit Batok and waiting for many months through ECDA, all I got was my child in the wait list and the waiting time is 1 year, my lo is almost 2 years old and going to be 3 years when it’s our turn. I feel that preschool in sg is extremely terribly managed by the government and EDCA being the most useless service of registering interest. I saw the news on $840 million being invested in preschool education but nothing has changed. It makes you wonder where all the investment has gone. Hiring people to reply email to say they are on wait lists? It’s such a dumb system in my opinion.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m a mother of 5 years old and currently teaching Nursery one. Yes I went through the same thing 3 years ago. I was frustrated when my dear son was on the waiting list for so long without any response. I started to blame ECDA for their management about it. But after becoming a preschool teacher myself a year later I realised that we are really short of teachers due to the parents’ demands, stressful work environment and salaries etc. It is almost impossible to hire a qualified preschool teacher nowadays. 🙃 Try to call the centres individually and register your interest. It took me almost 6 months to get a reply from a school. The schools will contact you as soon as they have a vacancy. Wish all the best to you and your little one 😊

Read more
TapFluencer

same, applied for every single one at tampines, simei, pasir ris and bedok from 2 years back and only been on waiting list for infant care until she had to change to playgroup, lol. i managed to get her in infant at hougang by luck but it was such an inconvenience to travel. and by luck a school in tampines had 1 last slot and immediately took it but seriously until now on waiting list for playgroup for other schools. thank god her current school is good, if not, i will be on waiting list until she goes primary school i think. this is part of the reason why i dont even want to consider a second child looking at how frustrating it is to get them to a school.

Read more
VIP Member

Have you tried calling the individual schools to ask? A bit troublesome but.. it pays off.