Is it advisable to have two kids or one child is also fine, considering that the kid will have no real sibling?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Growing up with siblings is admittedly much more fun for the child - never a dull moment. That being said, there are lots of only children out there that grew up surrounded with cousins, friends and schoolmates and they never complained of ever being lonely. Here's an interesting article about growing up as an only child: http://thoughtcatalog.com/chandrayee-chatterjee/2014/08/things-i-learned-growing-up-as-an-only-child/

Read more

Having 2 kids or not is totally ones personal opinion. Different people will have different perspectives. I wanted 2 kids always and hence I have 2 kids! Many believe siblings grow apart as they grow up. But again no one can predict the future. Its how we bring up our children matters, Of course, personally I believe having a sibling is necessary.

Read more

Personally I feel it is better to have two kids and I do!! The child learns the concept of sharing which is very very important. Also there is company for each other growing up. In today's day and age expenses of raising a child especially from the education point of view has gone up astronomically; so many people are sticking to the concept of 1 child.

Read more