Hand food mouth disease

Any advice to help baby tolerate fluids? My 9 mth old has been resisting fluid because of the sore. We tried cold formula, ulcer gels already 😭

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hand, foot, and mouth disease can indeed cause discomfort for young children, making it challenging for them to tolerate fluids. To help your 9-month-old baby cope with the soreness and continue to stay hydrated, you can try the following tips: 1. Offer Lukewarm Fluids: Instead of cold fluids, try offering lukewarm fluids like water, breast milk, or diluted fruit juice. Lukewarm liquids might be more soothing for your baby's sore throat. 2. Use a Sippy Cup: Introducing a sippy cup or a straw cup can sometimes make it easier for babies to drink fluids as compared to a bottle. 3. Offer Hydrating Foods: You can also try giving your baby foods with high water content such as watermelon, cucumber, yogurt, or purees to keep them hydrated. 4. Encourage Small, Frequent Sips: Instead of large quantities at once, encourage your baby to take small sips of fluids more frequently throughout the day. 5. Maintain a Comfortable Environment: Ensure the room temperature is comfortable and keep your baby's surroundings calm and soothing to help them relax while drinking fluids. 6. Consult a Pediatrician: If your baby continues to have difficulty tolerating fluids or if there are signs of dehydration, it's important to consult your pediatrician for further guidance and possible medical intervention. Remember, patience is key when dealing with a baby who is unwell. Providing comfort, love, and gentle care can go a long way in helping your little one through this challenging time. Stay strong, and I hope your baby feels better soon! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Hi mummy, im facing same thing!! Im trying theo10 that i bought from shopee. Not sure if it works slowly but he’s slowly accepting cold formula. I was also told to feed more solids and fruits if they reject milk but fyi it might also lead to constipation due to lack of water. My baby pooped hard rock

Read more
3mo ago

Thank you

I was told milk can make the ulcer even more painful… If you’re open to it, try low sugar or pure cold pasteurised fruit juice.

3mo ago

Thank uou

TapFluencer

🙏💕

💕

💕

💕

3mo ago

She very damn annoying all post want to put this just to earn points and push herself up! Pls report her!