A friend's one month old has been diagnosed with serious allergies and she has been advised to totally cut out dairy, eggs, wheat and peanuts from her diet for as long as she is breastfeeding. Anyone have similar experience?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My friend has a baby with serious egg allergies, so they have omitted egg dishes from their diet totally as their baby will flare up even if she smells egg. I wouldn't advise your friend to stop breastfeeding as it still contains essential antibodies for her child, but I do understand that it might be difficult to find eateries which do not use the above ingredients. Perhaps your friend could try to breastfeed until the child is at least 6 months old.

Read more

Yes, it is possible to cut out all the dairy, eggs, wheat and peanuts. Try to reduce taking outside food, and cook at home instead so you can have the control of the ingredients in the dishes. Here is a full list of what are the food that you need to avoid to achieve dairy-free diets and eggless diets. http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/allergy.shtml#sthash.H94AuEXY.dpbs

Read more

thanks