Peanut allergy

My 4 month old has slight eczema and she did a skin prick test. She has been diagnosed with a peanut allergy. I was told not to eat any peanuts or tree nuts as I am currently breastfeeding. I am so worried that I might eat something by mistake. Will she outgrow it? How do I manage her allergy?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

If you've consumed peanut before and baby was fine, I guess the allergy isn't so severe or the amount that's transferred to baby is not significant. So don't worry too much about accidentally consuming peanut. Some children can outgrow their allergies, some don't, we can't really judge ourselves so it's better to see a specialist for advice. All the best!

Read more
VIP Member

Please consult your gynecologist and pediatrician.