Advice needed - Very slow solids intake

My 9.5month old is very slow to pick up solids. I have tried blw and tw. Gave up on blw for now cause he only bites few times then throws away. Hates porridge. Cereal with bm will eat few baby spoons only. Still drinks sufficient bm 7x daily. What can I do to encourage his appetite?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my baby also like that but we stick to tw only. first try was baby cerelac. tried feeding w spoon but only few spoonfuls. so we experimented fee her cerelac thru her bottle. we did for abt 2weeks and then use spoon again. good results, more spoonfuls. we slowly give 2 feeds a day, one thru bottle and 1 by spoon. now she gg 8 months eating not bad, depending on her liking 😂

Read more
Super Mum

I think 9.5 months is still quite young so don't worry about not eating enough yet. Before reaching 1 year old the main source of nutrition is still milk. You can make meal time more fun, give him some small toy to interact with, sing and dance with him. My daughter never really enjoyed eating but we just have to distract them a little bit 😅

Read more

My child is also like that. There’s a lot of food wastage. Some babies eat more, some eat less. You can also offer fruits after meal to increase appetite.

TapFluencer

you can try replacing one milk session with solid.

the best thing u can do is continue blw.