6 Replies

My baby is petite too. I think at 8months was about 7kg. Paediatrician recommended to me this supplement called appeton to improve appetite. PD also recommended more protein intake such as fish and chicken. Beef also can but I think fish and chicken for the start is healthier. Now my girl is 15 months and still petite only 8.8 kg but she’s now running and climbing so expected for weight to stabilise due to activity. I’ve been giving NTUC FairPrice gold formula. Will give whenever she wants even now give at least 4 times a day

Possible to get advice from the PD instead? During her checkups. Some babies grow at a different pace, but I believe if it’s along their trajectory (see health booklet), it may be reasonable?

Slow weight gain happens when they start falling my sick in ifc and they move around more. Can try eating avocado, sweet potato, meat to gain protein and fat.

My baby also very hard to gain weight! Esp when he’s very active and always fall sick due to ifc, whenever he gain, he will lose. Hais

Up the food intake to 3 meals a day and add in a snack if possible. 8.5 months will need more solid food for calories.

eat more beef if possible as it is high in protein

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles