My 7 mths LO just had an allergic reaction yesterday. today, his fever n diarrhea hasnt gone away. since yesterday, his milk intake is abt 50ml every 4 hours instead of the normal 150ml every 3 hours and he refuses to latch. since he is having diarrhea, im worried he will get dehydrated. what can i gv to him to make sure he is well hydrated or are there any tips u can share to make sure he drinks his milk?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try having more frequent feeds. It is expected that he will be drinking less for each feeding. So you can try nursing more frequently during this period. If he refuses to latch, perhaps can try feeding him with a spoon or from a cup. Take care mummy! Hope your little one feels better soon!!

the only thing you should be giving now is milk and water mainly. other than that, you can try and feed little spoons of dal ka pani or even tender coconut water, or very soft boiled khichdi. check the nappy for urine to ensure baby is not dehydrated.

I think it's hard to force them to drink when they are unwell. bt important to watch the hydration. make sure there is wet diaper (at least 4 to 5 times a day), and that his fontanelle is not too sunken. gws!

Try to give him smaller feeds instead at many intervals. Ensure to monitor him for his diaper change. Also make sure he doesn't hv sunken eyes n if he is lethargic, pls proceed to A&E.

Read more