Today 5wk2d had a scan as had some light pink watery discharge. Gynae say only see sac. Is it normal

1st beta hcg at 600+ on 24/05, 2nd beta hcg at 2000+ on 27/05. Today is 5wk2d my dr did a scan for me as these few days I had few episodes of light pink watery discharge & cramps. As I had recurrent miscarriages before can't help but start to worry as only managed to see sac today. Dr did mention the sac is in the right place. My next scan will be next monday. Just wondering is it normal to only see sac today as my previous pregnancy scans were not so early at 5wk.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there, I can imagine how concerning it must be to experience light pink watery discharge and cramps, especially after experiencing recurrent miscarriages before. Firstly, it's great to hear that your doctor mentioned the sac is in the right place, providing some reassurance. In early pregnancy, it's quite common to only see the gestational sac during the initial ultrasound, especially around the 5-week mark. Every pregnancy is unique, and factors like the position of the uterus, the embryo's development, and even the sensitivity of the ultrasound equipment can affect what's visible during the scan. Given your previous experiences, it's completely natural to feel worried, but try to stay positive until your next scan. Sometimes, the embryo might not be visible until a little later in the pregnancy. If you experience any concerning symptoms in the meantime or if your worries persist, don't hesitate to reach out to your doctor for further guidance and support. They can provide personalized advice based on your medical history and current situation. Wishing you all the best for your next scan and sending lots of positive vibes your way! Take care. Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
4mo ago

thanks so much for your advise

Anything can happened but once you reach past week 12 can considered safe zone

same for me, 5w2d only sac, then 5w6d we saw the yoke!

Yes wk5 common to only see sac if I’m not wrong

TapFluencer

🙏💕

4mo ago

Try to reduce walking n standing. More bed rest n ask gynae prescribe you hormone progesterone