Eczema red patches on baby neck

Hi…my 5month old baby has eczema kind red patches on her neck area,we went to hospital and consulted doctor about this.she gave us steroid lotion.I’m not willing to apply that y because it contains steroid.any recommended creams or suggestions pls share.

Eczema red patches on baby neck
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The steroid is very mild for babies. My infant has eczema & need to apply the cream but as PD told me, apply when really needed like very angry red. Otherwise can just use any baby moisturiser to apply. Currently I apply Cetaphil moisturiser on him. QV makes his skin ultra dry (prescribed by PD) so I stopped. So far Cetaphil works on him and also using the Cetaphil bath & shampoo.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi Mama, During warm bath, use a very gentle soap. After bath, pat dry and apply moisturizer. There are some moisturisers in the market that are good for eczema. Try QV kids or aveeno. Try this routine for awhile and if it still doesn’t help, you may have to use the steroid cream, but start as little as possible.

Read more

I was given steroid lotion for my baby also and although pd ensured its safe to use when applied thinly and not over dosing it, i was hesitant to use. Decided to just keep to the clean water and moisturizer regime then see how… works for me and i did not use the lotion at all.

I also have the same concern. However the doc mentioned that the steriod is pretty mild and safe to use on baby. The medication is pretty effective as it heal up after few days. I have tried qv cream but my baby skin condition didn't improve.

Oh use this brand dermal - eczema lotion. They do not contain steroid at all. I was suffering from eczema from young too. After using this it just heal. Available on shopee.😊👍🏻

Try La Roche LIPIKAR Baume AP+M Allergy Cream. It works for my daughter infant eczema.