5 yo coughing. can self medicate? what medicine off the shelf is gd for cough?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my advise is bring to see doctor as not sure what it the medi dose for your child.and if not try TMC as it will not stop the cough immediately but they will slowly build their immune system . in TMC there are heaty cough and cold cough . so it better know what trigger the cough. . like my son use to keep coughing . end up we know he is more to cold cough ( in chinese) . so if he take too much cold stuff he will start to cough non stop.

Read more

It is better to consult a pd or Go Doctor first which i usually do so. u can try to put onions in the room which can help to absorb the virus like cough/flu away. just slice a white onion in half and put in e room where your child sleeps. replace a new onion daily. sometimes it just take a few hours or 1 day to work but more server virus might take a like 1 week or so. it really works individually. no harm trying. Hope it helps.

Read more

How long has kid been coughing? Any phlegm along with it? You can get Prospan, its safe and uses natural ingredients as well. It can be purchased from Guardian or Watsons. Most GP alsp gives Prospan. However for cought, the best remedy is no medication. I was once told by a doctor, cough medication suppress the cough. It does not heal it. So better to let it run its own course i would say. Jist my two cents.

Read more

Hello. If you feel overwhelmed and depressed, it is not worth being in this state for a long time. I remember I was injured and I couldn't go to the gym. It was a terrible moment, but try to use this source https://www.cornbreadhemp.com/cbd-oil-show-on-drug-test/ to know more about CBD, because it helped me to believe in pain and gave me strength again to play sports. So I think this may be a motivation for you

Read more

It's always better to seek professional advise from doctor before you try to self medicate. Most Cough medicine are not available off the shelf as there are cases of overdose. You could also try Yu Guo TCM as some of the parents strongly believe in their tuina.

Hi Chengling mummy, I highly recommended Rhinathiol cough medicine. This is safe for 2 years old and above. It can help to clear phlegm and my kids recover faster by this. You can easily get this from any major pharmacy such as Watson etc.

Read more
Post reply image

Depends on how bad the cough is. For mild cough I normally just use Badger chest rub. Give my 3 year old a little honey with warm water. I also bought organic lollipops which does helps for mild cough.

Post reply image

Pls consult a dr. Not advisable to self medicate. Consulting a dr is to ensure that there is no major lung issue and other underlying cause.

I will suggest bring your 5yo to see doctor as we better don't self medicate. We don't understand the real problem and may give incorrect medicine.

Is advisable to bring him to see doctor. There are many types of cough, if you not properly treat his cough may get asthma. Take care.