My 5-year-old girl is not fond of my brother's 13-year-old daughter. She was born in front of me and I was with her during her growing up years, and my best niece. How do I help bond them?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess your daughter can see the love you have for your niece and is jealous...this is quite common, and even real siblings face the same....my kids for example !!!! huh !!!! I'd suggest don't push it. and, don't make it too obvious. of course some things you should keep in mind are that whenever you get something for one of the girls, get another similar age-appropriate thing for the other one too. Also, you may be talking to your niece about many different things as she is older in age, and this could irk your daughter. make sure you spend quality time with her, and sometimes, without making it too obvious or making it a forced thing, take them out together for a movie, or a trip to the bookstore, or maybe even accessory shopping...girls love such things and for all you know, your daughter may actually like it

Read more