UTI in Infant

Hi all, my 4mo got UTI.. currently on oral antibiotics .. doc mentioned about US kidney.. & VCUG as their UTI protocol management.. Anyone can share with me more about yr experience? I’m so lost as FTM.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, Can understand that you’re probably feeling anxious. No one wants to see their child suffer or go through tests - it’s heartbreaking and my heart goes out to you ❤️ From why I understand VCUG is an x-ray to help the doctors visualise your child’s urinary tract and that it’s minimally invasive. While I haven’t experienced this with any of my children previously, I’d like to suggest that you speak with your doctor. Ask the questions you need to ask - how does the procedure go? Will my child experience any pain? Are there alternatives? Is there a chance of wait and see? Can I try any natural remedies? Ask your questions till you’re confident and satisfied Another way would be to get a second opinion - if your gut tells you the doctor is being a little too invasive and pro- intervention in a sense, seek out the opinion of another instead. Hang in there strong mama, you’ve got this?

Read more