toddler refuse to go sch

4 yr old refuse to go sch and crying badly. Any advice?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This happen to my son too. He has been attending preschool since 18 months but sometime he will still cry and fuss before going to school. Be persistent in bringing him in to school instead of giving in to him. Say something like; if you go to school I will bring you to xxxxx this weekend.

TapFluencer

My son did the same but we still Brought him to school everyday till one day, he stopped crying as it has become a habit he goes to school.

Super Mum

Talk to your child and ask why he refuses to go to school. Don't give in though if not he will keep crying to keep his way out.

VIP Member

Teachers and friends play a part so best to find out from the teachers . It takes time and patience but it'll get better (:

VIP Member

Hi... you might find this article informative https://sg.theasianparent.com/child-does-not-want-to-go-to-school

TapFluencer

He will eventually learn to adapt. It will be hard at first but you need to get your child to go to school

Probably talk to your child on why she doesn't want to go to school and do check with the school too.

You should investigate why this is. Perhaps speak with teacher if can't get any answers from him

Have to take time. Don’t give in. Eventually they will be ok and start enjoying sch again

VIP Member

Talk to her and let her know that you will fetch her afterward