Need help!! Advice needed urgently

Need help.... Any parent facing 2yrs 3mths toddler does not like to shower? Will cry very badly and refused to shower. Also does anyone facing their child only wants to wear selected clothing and refuse wear others? How do you deal with it or any solution?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi. My son also use to hate bath time. hates water in his eyes. I always wondered why since he loves swimming. I have tried getting a bigger tub and filling it so he have some splash time when he was younger ~18m or so but he hates it. the cries n whines are super scary. regardless its my helper or me bathing him is also war. watch video also cannot. then one day when he was mayb 20m, I tried to make it fun and introduce him to 'play' in mama toilet aka the mbr toilet and then use the sand play pail to rinse n shower him. surprisingly he loves it! in fact play till dont want to come out.. and that also means from that day on he will want to shower n play in the mbr toilet. for more than 6 months pass since then. I will shower him at night n my helper still shower him at per normal in the outside bathroom in the morning as I have gone to work by then. but there are days he still drags going to bath la. I think he sometimes associate bath time with end of fun times. aka going to sch after morning shower and going to bed after night shower. but at least no more big tantrums ar cries. your son is 2y3m shd be able to communicate alittle.. try to see what he likes or give him the feeling that he chose to do it. then maybe he will feel that he is ok with it. same with the clothes.. coz they have limited things they can decide so they want to be able to be able to find something to choose. maybe next time u can take out 2 sets and ask him to choose rather than having him flip the while cupboard. give him more chances to have a choice. strawberry or chocolate milk? Red or green bowl today? etc

Read more

My 34 months old toddler is facing the same problem as your child… mine refuse to bathe and go to school for 2 weeks already. He still can’t talk so we don’t know why. Sadly we have to force him to bathe and go to school. Is your kid attending childcare? Maybe you can ask the teachers if anything happened in school?

Read more

yes. attended 6 mths. not sure anything happened but due to covid, she shower at home.

caning works. spare the rod spoil the child