My 3-year old son prefers to wear crocs or native only almost all the time. I'm having a hard time convincing him to wear closed shoes especially when we need to attend a semi formal or formal event. Is this normal? Lol

3 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I find this so cute! Yes it is totally normal. Kids tend to have favorite fictional characters, favorite colors, or favorite outfit. This often results to your kids wanting to watch or wear those stuff at all times. I remember back when I was in my grade school, I always choose to wear my favorite jumper even though my mom would require me to be clothed in a dress. Eventually as I grew up, I was cultured to different choices of outfit which made me forget my favorite jumper. I suggest, for now, you take advantage of his crocs and natives. Mold him into his inner model side. Pair his shoes to a formal attire in a way that it will still look classy and stylish.

Magbasa pa

It's definitely normal! Kids grow into routines and those shoes are part of his routine. Nothing to worry about, but it'd probably be wise to coax him into wearing other shoes from time to time since he'll eventually grow out of those!

Yes that's normal because thise are his favorite. My friend's son was really hooked into starwars so whenever they go, the boy is always in Jedi costume with the light saber. I think that's normal.