sleeping through the night

My 3 months + baby coming to 4th month gets really tired at night, and he is sleeping through for 5-6hrs without wanting the milk lately. He hasn't increased the volume on each feeding in the day, and even when he wakes up after 5hrs, he drinks alot lesser than the volume in the day. Is this normal? Should i wake him up to feed?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I wouldn’t wake him up at night, because he needs to sleep, and it’s also a blessing to have him sleep for extended durations at night. I would offer feeds more frequently during the day, every 3 hours instead of 4, and offer 180ml each time, trying to encourage him to drink at least 160ml each time if possible, and even more before he sleeps at night. But he seems to be putting on weight well, so I wouldn’t be too worried at this point too:)

Read more
4y ago

Thanks cherlyn. I look at his cue for milk. And even 160ml is a little too much for him as he would gag out after burping him a few times. So i couldn't increae his milk intake. Yep I do think his weight is growing though slower now.

Super Mum

What’s total volume he’s drinking every day? And what’s his body weight?

4y ago

Tried To. But she doesn't want to drink. Mouth tight tight...