My Son is being bullied in school. His classmates call him smelly Indian and keep teasing that if they switch of the lights, all they can see is his teeth. I tell him to laugh it off, but I can see he is hurting. What should I do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Definitely talk to the teacher regarding this. I know they are just kids and some will argue that they don't mean any harm but if their behaviour isn't corrected or changed, it's going to become a norm to make fun of other races (or anyone different), which is unacceptable. It is never acceptable to hurt someone else regardless of the reason. If you know the parents of the other children, you can approach them for help too. Glad that your son is comfortable opening up to you regarding this. I've heard too many stories of children being bullied, teased and keeping it all to themselves, often with tragic consequences :(

Read more

It is a good sign that your son is talking to you about it. Praise your son that he is doing the right thing by telling you about it. It's important to advise kids not to respond to bullying by fighting or bullying back. It can quickly escalate into violence, trouble, and someone getting injured. Instead, it's best to walk away from the situation, hang out with others, and tell an adult. Advise your son to tell his teacher should it happen again.

Read more

Your son can tell you about it proves that he is willing to open up. He is willing to share his unhappiness with you. Ask yr child to inform the teachers accordingly and ignore what and how his friends tease him. Educate him that they are ignorant about it and they will soon learn. Be positive in your teaching so that yr child can learn from you.

Read more

He is brave to talk it with you. Does he have good friends? Tell him to avoid those bully, because sometimes it is not worth to fight them. In real life, adult life, we also do: avoid and ignore the bullies, and be with worthy friends who will help us out if things get worse. This way also will prepare your child for real life after finish school.

Read more

you should talk to your child teacher and be nice to the teachers. first if ourselves are demanding, just put yourself in anyone shoes, I will not give a s*** about your request. but if you be nice and ask them for help I think they will look out for your kid. :)