My 22 month baby speak only few words like papa mumma Kya mum and few words more I m worried when will he speak proper way I have seen many babies speak more words what to do to increase his vocab

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is absolute normal. Don't worry for it. Engage her by telling her real stories which involve her like one day she was playing with her doll, doll was wearing red color dress and so on... this will make her think and will provoke her to ask question like which doll, whats red color and so on.... Add chart of fruits , vegetables, alphabets on walls, doors wherever you think she will stop by and try to watch and understand chart. Tell her this is this and that keep her engage but not over do, Buy matt for her with alqphatbhets, get story books in your language, read it to her, explain her Play game with her of buying selling toys fruits with her such activities will make her to speak like buy 1 potato for me, buy her kitchen set ask her to make tea, coffee etc.. Play all this conversational games with her. young minds will grasp faster she will eventually try to engage then.

Read more
VIP Member

Kids learn languages at their own pace and time. But yes, there is a general timeline for most children. While you need not worry right now, know that if your kid only picks up one word during 19 and 24 months, you may want to visit the doctor. Also remember that premies take more time to catch up to a regular 2 yo. Having said that, if your baby doesn't pick up more than a few words a week, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. If he is responding to simple instructions he should be fine. And 22 months is still young to develop a full fledged vocabulary. Give him some time, you'll see the difference in just a few months.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi Mahek, Don't worry its normal for kids to grasp words and learn. What you can do is try to do some daily activities which will help your baby to speak more like 1. Ask your child to help you. For example, ask him to put his cup on the table or to bring you his shoe. 2. Teach your child simple songs and nursery rhymes. Read to your child. Ask him to point to and tell you what he sees. 3. Encourage your child to talk to friends and family. He can tell them about a new toy. 4. Engage your child in pretend play. You can talk on a play phone, feed the dolls, or have a party with the toy animals.

Read more

It's a common tension of a mother and mother doesn't need to worry on it because kids speakup any languages at their own pace and time. To avoid these type of tension, just follow 1. Spend less time in working hours in office/kitchen and spend more time with kid :) 2. If there is family friend or neighbours has kid availble keep both kids playing alone and watch them to avoid your tension :)

Read more

Ha ha.. what do you expect a two-year-old child to do? Read books!!! every child is different and some take longer to achieve a milestone. Just remember one thing... all healthy babies walk, talk, crawl, and babble... though some take longer than expected. Unless your baby has other health issues, don't worry unnecessarily.

Read more
VIP Member

Dont worry, some kids take time..my daughter is 3 and is still not very conversational but talks properly with her toys..some kids take time to talk...

Don't worry, the time each child start speaking all the words would differ from child to child... Do activities of the child's interest...

No worries he/she will start talking much more soon