My 19 months daughter falls a lot...what could be the reason? N what could be done to improve her walking?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mom, I would suggest you help her get a good grip by first teaching her to balance a bit more. also, do regular leg massage with warm mustard oil to help the blood circulation and add more strength to her bones. have you got this checked with your baby's doctor yet? sometimes, various leg conditions can delay walk and cause your baby to fall a lot, such as duck feet syndrome, bowed legs and such. i am sharing a few links here, do have a look and also talk to the doctor about it http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/delayed-walking-and-other-baby-foot-and-leg-problems#1 http://chortho.com/specialties/out-toeing-treatment.php

Read more

hi mommy, i would suggest you start massaging her legs regularly. some really good oils for massage are pure coconut oil, sweet almond oil as well as mustard oil. these will help to improve blood circulation and help your baby's posture. also, to improve balance, let your baby stand on your feet and hold both her hands in yours. stretch them out to the sides. now start walking very slowly, and show her how she can balance. gradually, leave her hand and help her stand on the floor, then encourage her to walk.

Read more

Hi I suggest make her wear comfortable shoes for walking preferably shoes of cloth at above and the sole should be firm at the bottom so that her foot has a good grip on the ground. If you are concerned about her bones not being so strong then give her calcium rich food. Increase the intake of her milk. Also consult your paediatric for any calcium supplement if required. You can also seek a homeopathy advice.

Read more

As per my concern, massage and food rich in fiber and calcium is needed. Since winer is in the way massage baby at list 2 time a day. U can refer videos of YouTube. U can also start calcarea phosphorica 6x tablet which is useful for strong teeth and bones. Don't be stressed. Have Patience. Good Luck.

Read more