I’m a mom of three months old baby and currently having a maternity leave which will be over soon. I work as a retail sales woman 5 days in a week from

10am to 10pm. I live with my in laws who is 60y.o and 50y.o . My husband insisted that i need to stop working and taking care of baby instead. But i have my own dream to chase and i wanted to continue work . Am i selfish? Do i need to resign for my baby’s sake ?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I dont think you are selfish. You can find other solutions, like sending to infant care then getting someone to pick up the baby and take care of the baby. I am working too, and my baby is 6 months old. I have my own dreams, and still intend to further study when my baby is more stable and there is someone to help me to take care of the baby. It is good to chase after your own dreams. I like to be there with my child during her first few milestones, but at the same time, I believe in chasing my own dream as it helps to secure my child with a more stable lifestyle. By sending your child to school, it is beneficial for the baby as well to mix around with friends and to learn things in school.

Read more