Sleepy baby

Hi my 1 week old baby is always sleepy. I actually had difficulties waking her up every 3 hours for milk. Even when I remove her swaddle, changed her diaper; she’ll just go back to sleep immediately. Even if i managed to let her latch, she’ll fall asleep within 2 minutes. But she pee and/or poop every feed (3hours). My concern is she isnt getting enough milk as I can feel my breast getting softer as day goes by (probably due to the lack of “demand” from my baby).

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby that age has a very small stomach and tend to feel full very fast. And if your baby has jaundice, she will tend to feel very sleepy. As long as she has about 6-8 diaper change daily, that's already great! And you're lucky you can sleep longer. Take this opportunity to rest also. When she's not latching, try to pump so you can build a stash too and your breasts knows that you need to keep supplying milk.

Read more

Once she’s clear of jaundice, just follow her cues for milk. It may not be 3hrly anymore . She wake up for milk when she’s hungry. If you wanna maintain milk supply, maybe can go pump