Visitors for newborn

With covid cases on the rise again, I am wary of having visitors in the house, especially with a newborn (1 month). However I know there are well meaning friends and relatives who would like to visit my newborn. Would you all allow visitors in this scenario or ask them to take ART test before visiting?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

To be honest I have the same problem as you. It gets very tacky when the visitors are your in laws or sil.... Somemore they went to mall and come to carry baby. They even had the risk warning notification due to close contact with suspected case. But they still come... I leave it to God... Else I will keep quarrel with my husband over this.

Read more
2y ago

My in laws are the same. They went to shopping mall or market then come to carry baby. I really don’t like but there’s nothing much i can do other than complaining to my husband. They’re so not auto, they think they’re invincible to covid just because they’ve already vaccinated.

sorry but i wont ask people to take ART before visiting. it just doesnt sound nice and some may get offended. Also, they may be negative today and positive the next day we nvr know. best is not to allow visitors. just explain to them u are not comfortable as baby is still a newborn. people usually understand.

Read more

I made my visitors do ART before they have access to baby (not even a month old), if they are only here for normal visiting without seeing baby then ART not needed. So far all my visitors have been really understanding. But I do limit the amount of people visiting baby.

My friend insists that we take ART test before coming. Like I won't implement this for my grandparents (above 80yo as they are just as at risk) but I think it's reasonable for other ad-hoc visitors especially if they initiated the visit.

if me I'm not going to allow any visitors to visit my new born since still covid is around for safety our new born..😊

I will say no visiting unless pil. Pil also need to straight come from house, not anywhere else. And no carrying of baby

TapFluencer

I'll try not to allow visitors but reject them in a nice manner telling them the newborn is still building up immunity

strictly no visitor, not just because of Covid, both mummy and baby need rest