Any wise words from any parents here about not feeling so stressed when our toddlers are so fussy with food ? I'm very stressed up .. to a point of feeling depression when my 23 months old is so picky with food ! Every time I try to offer him food , he will be so picky . Plus he can't chew that well too , so I'm feeling very stressed and worried :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ask ur toddler what he/ she wants.... my toddler (24 months) finally told us he doesn't like soft food. So we realised he like QQ food like spaghetti, Udon, etc... Also, I managed to train him within a few days to eat independently without us feeding him with some of Jo Frost (Super nanny) teachings. He still needs coaxing to eat, lots of nagging but it's better now with some method of discipline.... one of the things I do is I count to 3. If he doesn't eat, he has to go to the corner until he is ready to eat. But I also try to give him food that he enjoys. Meet him halfway.

Read more

Was very stressed at first but after awhile lo pick n choose food.. We follow lo likes n dislikes for the next few days.. Repeat once lo changes new food.. Cut smaller pcs for fish/meat/veggie.. A friend told me, when ur child is hungry, lo will eat whatever food is there.. They will nvr starve themselves.. So now when lo is hungry, we feed..when lo is picky etc, we just put the food there n wait for lo to eat when hungry..??

Read more

Sorry to hear you are stressed - take it easy, it is very common for little ones to take their time to get used to different foods. Try to encourage small meals but multiple times during the day - also if you can, try to feed them in a relaxed environment. Keep experimenting with new foods :) youre not alone.

Read more

been there before especially when introducing fruits and veggies that she rarely see so we always buy fruits and veggies for her to be familiar and we model the healthy eating habit im so happy that she now eats apple, banana, cabbage, pechay, egg, tomato, potato, orange, mango

it's not good. but education cartoon song help