Whats your plan with PLACENTA?

My wife say throw. I say I eat since 1 baby only 1 Placenta. What about you all?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well first of all, it's not scientifically proven. Plus, it was meant to TRANSPORT nutrients to baby, WHEN it was in the womb. Also it contains waste product lei. And it says can be harmful to mum and baby. Best to buy nutrients for your wife to consume. And regarding it "helps" to reduce post partum stress, welllll... it's the husband's job lor. Make baby together, then heal together lah. How can let wife heal herself one. She'd already suffered enough and is suffering alot lor. (before, during and after birth lei) You as husband need to give alooot of support, ONLY THEN, there will be NO POST PARTUM stress. Taking care of babies are not easy. I hope this helps. Btw this is not directed to you, but to evryone. I am very sure you are a great husband to your wife🤗🙏🏻

Read more
Post reply image

A trusted friend was taking a TCM course and highly recommended eating the placenta, which can be sent to be processed into pills. After doing my own research though I decided against it, the placenta contains a lot of waste products from the baby so it didn't make sense to eat those toxins, I don't think any nutrients lost won't be recovered in the current resource-rich environment we are in. It's not like the poverty driven era where meats, fresh produce and food variety are hard to come by. I think it's individual choice, but if you are a guy it's better to ask a TCM doctor about it, it probably has a lot of female hormones?

Read more

Originally, my husband wanted to bring back the placenta to cook saying it has alot of good health benefits. When my MIL heard about it, she was kinda shocked.. like saying it’s pretty weird to eat that. But what made us decided not to bring it back was because we were told it requires a very specific cooking method and having someone to cook for you will be pretty pricey.

Read more

my husband help to clean up the placenta with tamarind n salt just to get rid the bloody smell .(usually Malay people will do like this) then bury it. :)

Er no personally I think eating placenta is disgusting. But you do you!

VIP Member

I throw twice 😅 and I will still throw the third one too

3y ago

Nah. Just our preference

Don’t eat. Don’t throw. Just bury it.

I discarded mine.

TapFluencer

throw lol