Antenatal Class - Raffles vs Mount E vs TMC

Hi, my wife and I are looking to sign up for an antenatal class, and we have shortlisted the ones by Raffles Hospital, Mount E and TMC. Anybody attended the antenatal classes taught by these hospitals? Care to share your experiences? :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went to the one by TMC, there's online zoom lesson and physical class. For the online lesson, you will have access to the learning resource from when you enrol till 1 mth after giving birth. At the physical class, they taught how to carry baby, bfeeding positions, how to swaddle using muslin cloth, exercises that's good for pregnancy, how to bathe and change diapers using male and female baby dolls. at the end of session, I brought home a free play mat along with other sample freebies such as diapers. I can't remember much already since it was quite a while back, my baby 4 mths old already. But overall it was a fun learning experience at TMC and it's the cheaper option as compared to other hosps. Personally I think there are plenty of information on Internet, covering wider topics so I wouldn't spend too much on antenatal classes. There is also a group on FB for breastfeeding mums, where your wife can join and there are counsellors there who will provide advice about everything related to breastfeeding. To me, I think the biggest challenge will be breastfeeding; how to latch baby well, how to know if baby latching well, how to increase milk, how to properly use an electric breast pump, how to unclog milk ducts, what size flange to use and how the husband can support the wife while they stress over breastmilk and the lack of sleep that comes with.

Read more

I went to the TMC one and I felt it was a great experience