My Sleepy Wife

My wife is on 6th week. She keep on sleeping. Eat and sleep... Is it safe to sleep 14-16 hours a day?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1st trimester is when she is going through a lot in her body and her fetus is growing too. So yes, she'll feel very sleepy and probably will feel hungry too. If the morning sickness comes later, it'll be worse. She'll feel weak. For now she can sleep a lot but at the later stage do tell her to avoid sleeping a lot as it can be risky for her pregnancy. Can Google about it (for 3rd trimester).

Read more

I remember I slept from 6pm to 6am most days during first trimester of first pregnancy. skipped dinner and only had a fillet o fish after work. second pregnancy I childproof the house and let my elder child run around while I nap and my hubby was wfh. the first trimester is very tiring, sleepy and lethargic for some women. let her sleep all she want 😉

Read more

It's really tiring and out of our control sometimes. When I was in my first trimester I slept a lot too. Since I was wfh I took a lot of naps. On weekends I can sleep 14 hours too. It gets better near 2nd trimester.

VIP Member

Yes. Pregnancy makes you extremely fatigued. Your wife is growing a human in her womb and will feel worn out! Lots of rest especially in the early days is very important

I was the same during my 1st trimester. It's safe. She just needs to be more active once she's better, esp 3rd trimester.

1st tri is normal to feel the fatigue. Let her rest as long as she's still eating her meals.

yes. this is where sleep is best, once bb is out. no more slp

It's not at all good for baby.. Take only 15mins nap daily..

Let her sleep bah. After giving birth no chance already