Why Dr leverage on 1st day of last period?🤔

Why Doctors normally add 2 weeks to your pregnancy timeline? I thought I should be at week 3 but Dr told me I am at week 5.. Given I had 2 miscarriages before, I feel that sometimes it made you anxious when the yolk sac or fetal pole not visible at that time the Dr thought it should be but you know it is too early. Anyone facing the same dilemma as me?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal to calculate from day 1 of last period. Calculation of pregnancy is not from your last day of sex or ovulation. It’s a formula. So for sure you are not considered 3 weeks. Understand your anxiety, however, it is possible that yolk sac or fetal pole may not be visible yet. On the other hand, the anxiety and stress will not be helpful for your baby. Try to stay positive and hope for the best. Did your doc tell you when’s the next appt? Keep talking to your baby and tell baby to stay well!

Read more
4w ago

🩵🩵🩵 all the best!

Most pregnancies last around 40 weeks (or 38 weeks from conception), so typically the best way to estimate your due date is to count 40 weeks, or 280 days, from the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP).