Anatomy scan

Hi at which week in pregnancy did you or are you scheduled for anatomy scan? Anyone had one as early as 19 weeks? Or all strictly after 20 weeks?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

It’s usually about 22 weeks. There’s a reason for this.. different organs take time to develop, and so for the scan, they want to check that the organs are all developing properly in that timeline. Some mummies with higher risk pregnancies may have additional scans earlier, but the official foetal anomaly scan is usually still after 20 weeks.

Read more
3y ago

19 weeks and 4 days pa kasi aku ngayun. dipa nman aku hiningan. at never rin aku nakatry nyan sa previous pregnancy ku

I have done mine at 19w1d and the results was normal. My gynae mentioned that it was done earlier so if there is any anomaly, we can have more time to do other tests and subsequently decide on whether there was a need for termination of the pregnancy.

Im nt scheduled for anomaly scan gynae says i alr went for amniocentesis. Anyone in similar situation? Is it really dont need go for anomaly scan if went for amniocentesis?

1y ago

hi apart from private hospital, which other gov hospital could we opt to go for this anomaly scans & blood test? I'm thinking to go kkh/ even sengkang hosp to do the test, due to cost & location-based. as I'm staying at punggol, sengkang hosp is definitely nearer. can anyone advised, for those who have done b4. need any referrals letter/ memo as I'm currently seeing private gynae. TIA😊 🙏

I heard as 20th week onwards. Probably in 3 sessions before delivery. Mine is scheduled on the coming Wednesday and that's when I'm 20wk.

Go with your doctors recommendations. I am going for mine next week - at 19 weeks 4 days :)

My OB told me we can do CAS at 24 weeks to make sure all organs and body parts are all developed.

9mo ago

Yes, my OB doctor said the same thing.. 🙂

done 19 weeks 3 days god grace every thing okk❤️

I had my fetal anomaly scan at mid 18 weeks :) I follow up at a public hospital.

Hi! I had my anomaly scanned at 19w4d and the result was all ok..

I did mine at 19w5d. Everything can be seen clearly