Which type of food feeder is better? Mesh/net type or silicon type?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I let my baby explore different ways of eating. I am of the thinking that we need to let babies explore different things. I usually feed porridge but I have also tried baby led weaning before to get her interested in food. I also bought a food feeder silicone type. Reason for buying silicone is that this is easier to clean than the mesh type and also it can be sterilized! I buy the brand Kidsme Food Feeder from baby fair. http://www.kidsmeusa.com/products/food-feeder-plus-with-egg-shell It has a cover so it is more hygiene to bring out. I have put blueberries in it before and let my baby suck on it for the flesh and juice. The skin remains inside the feeder :) very convenient and fun for the baby

Read more

I generally just use a spoon to feed her and also give her opportunity to try to use the spoon or her hands to feed herself. (can improve motorskills!) I would definitely avoid the mesh/net food feeder as I find it difficult to wash, (food's gonna get stuck in the net and I'm quite particularly about cleaning, over long time, it'll probably grow mold.)

Read more

Led weaning is the best. Ensure that the food is in big chunks and is soft. It could be steamed brocolli with stems easier for baby to grab, carrots or even bananas. I normally make mine into slices.

I'm also using spoon to feed, let bb use spoon to try feeding himself or even Let him use his hands n fingers. I'm not very confident of the safety issues of silicon though