kanchiong

when should we start buying baby stuffs? am 5+mths plus now. what should we start buying? im so lost and at the same time i felt that im unprepared.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

2nd trimester is a good time to start shopping. You may want to go to the Baby Fair at Suntec this weekend to shop around and get a feel of the items you wish to buy. Usually there are good deals and freebies at fairs, so it's worth to buy the big ticket items first, e.g. Baby Cot, Breast pump, Stroller, Carrier. Things like milk bottles, many brands available, can check out too. Can try to get samples for diapers, baby wipes, baby detergent, baby soap, lotions etc. and compare prices first before deciding to buy more.

Read more
VIP Member

Hi... don’t get anxious. You can start to prepare baby items now. Don’t rush to buy everything now. Do some research on big ticket items such as baby cot, stroller, bottles, etc. Then go to store to look at the items physically. If it’s on discount, get it. Same strategy for baby clothes. Go window shopping at malls. If you see items that you like, buy it. It should be an enjoyable activity.

Read more
VIP Member

Go window shopping first to see what’s available and the price point. Mothercare, kiddy palace, Robinson’s are good place to start. Baby fairs are coming (this weekend at Suntec, and there’s another one 19-21 April at expo) so you can check out too, don’t worry don’t have to buy at the fair..these fairs happen quite often. Some items you can buy second hand too from carousell.

Read more
VIP Member

2nd trimester is the best time to shop in my opinion, where ur energy is back and b4 ur tummy gets too heavy. there are many baby guides on line on what to get, as a general guide. see if there are friends or relatives who have items to pass to u, before u head down to baby fairs to purchase the items.

Read more

Take your time and read up and compare the big items you gonna get, such as cot, stroller, car seat if you are driving, if not you may want to get those traveller set, diaper bag, rocker, etc. Somewhere during second trimester is fine. Do go mummy's market pre order as they get cheaper online!

Super Mum

You can start researching online or go to shopping malls to see if there are anything that you like. Don't have to rush and buy. You can compare the prices first. Start going to baby fairs too. There will be freebies for you to take during the baby fairs.

U can start buying from second trimester. This is the period when u will feel most comfortable and can go out often to shop around for baby stuff and also prepare for ur hospital bag in advance as well.

Super Mum

In fact some of the things don’t have to buy too early. 4 months pregnant is still early. Juz make sure u have diapers and milk powder (if not breastfeeding) for ur LO.

VIP Member

i felt u can take ur time. new born baby stuff outgrew fast. no need to get a lot. during my confinement i also do online shopping. just send to house can le

It's okay if you don't have everything at once. Buy the important ones first, for the rest, take your time and can check out baby fair and online shopping.