When should I put my child in preschool? 18 months, 2 years old or 3 years old?

29 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I send my son to kindergarten just one month, now he is nursery group coming four years old, early or late nevermind must see you are working mum or housewife.If you are housewife after three years old start to school better, because you can teach and let him know for the normal life time knowledge, also you can know what he like to do, too early go to school when came back you want ask today teach what, eat what and play what also no answer! If you working mum just send CC is better will take care better!

Read more

Whenever you and your child are ready. Irregardless of the age you listed above, the children will fall sick a lot during their first few months in school. Thats a challenging period that you'll have to endure because it happens to all of us. School is a good place for interaction and making friends.

Read more
VIP Member

Preferably 2 years old at best when ur child immunity system is stronger and u still have family member to help take care for the period before he goes to childcare. 3 years old is abit too long as he may lose out quite a lot in academic development and interaction skills with others by then.

My sister placed her kid in school only at 3 years old. Her reason being is let the child be a child. There is no rush for it. Afterall they will be schooling and working their entire lives. But i think otherwise. I feel that a child should go to school as young as possible.

VIP Member

If u had choice meaning ur parents are taking care of ur lo currently, preferably wait until the child is at least 2 years old when his/her immunity is stronger. Otherwise there is higher risk of getting infections/sick etc at younger age in childcare/preschool.

Does not really matter. Timing is personal to each parent. Whether your child is enrolled for preschool at 18 months or three years, the important thing is to ensure that the time you do spend with him is positive, joyful and meaningful for both of you

It deoends on you and your school of thoughts. Above all else your personal needs. Its advisable to place your child asap that is so that your kid could be exposed at an earlier age. If you are a stay home mom then i suggest to play baby in playgroup.

Super Mum

Depends on if you have resources to look after your baby. If you don’t, then there’s no choice. If you do, then need to see how healthy your child is... as most of the time the child will fall sick after going to school.

from 18 months to 2 years, but not for more than 2-3 hrs. This ensures they play and understand socializing. but not long enough to get over tired and anxious bout separation

VIP Member

It really boils down to when you are ready, as much as when your baby is ready. We put ours in at 19+months old and he loves it. He looks forward to going to school daily.