When is it okay to bring LO to swim? Need thermal swimwear? Waterproof diapers? Where to get it? Thanks

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think when their neck muscles is strong can bring them to swim. I let my gal dip when she was about 4 months. I bought an inflatable pool from Swimava so that my gal can dip at home with warm water. You can also bring her to Baby Spa. I also bought thermal wear for her from Konfidence brand. There was a spree on one of the motherhood forums so the price is much Cheaper. I feel thermal wear is better because babies may catch cold easily if dip in normal pool water. As for reusable diapers for swimming I let her wear the brand Charlie Banana which can be bought at Mothercare. And I always limit her time in water to 20mins Max.

Read more

https://sg.theasianparent.com/guide-buying-swim-diapers-baby-toddler/ U can check the above asian parent article regarding the swim diaper. Gmarket and red mart got sell. Those Swimming places that are catered for babies will also have. No need to buy thermal swimwear but it is a good to have. Thermal swim wear more comfortable and some will limit the amount o water entering so not so cold for LO. But usually we also never let LO stay in the pool for too long yar, maybe 20 min?

Read more

I brought my LO to baby spa when he was 10weeks old. N when he turned 4 months I brought him to public pool. Currently 7 months and he goes for a swim at least once weekly. I usually let him wear double layer if he has not poo for the day. - disposable (Huggies ) + reusable ( moomookow) if not will be just the reusable layer I got him his swim wear from Fox which cost less than $30 but is not thermal material

Read more

Hi how old is ur lo. I brought my girl to babyspa when she around 3month. But is always to get a trial session to try out first before buying a package as it not cheap and some lo dont like. I only brought her to public swimmimg pool when she is 1. For diapers i bought whichever is having promo like huggis n pampers that can be find at ntuc. A washable swimimg pant will be more worth us it reuseable .

Read more

Ermm.. I did mine at 3 months. Now that you are asking im wondering if thats tol early. However i brought mine to a heated pool. He wore swim pants only ahahaha. I did not use water proof pants. I just purchase swim diapers. You can purchase them at most NTUC.

I took my child to the public pool at 3 months old.