When do we need to start packing our hospital bag, and what do we have to pack in?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pack maybe 4 weeks before edd? Mobile phone and charger to enable you to call important people and let them know that the baby has arrived. Favorite pillow from home so you can sleep comfortably. Lip balm to soothe dry and chapped lips. Nursing bra and breast pads for breastfeeding your baby. Bathrobe that you can slip into when you take a shower or just wanted to get out of your room. Night dress in case you don’t like the robe the hospital provides. Underwear to keep you feeling fresh (if you have a C-section); the hospital generally supplies the maternity underwear if you gave birth the natural way. Sanitary napkins or maternity pads for the blood discharge after childbirth. Slippers to use when you want to walk around or outside your room. Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothpaste, cleanser, etc for daily hygiene Towel to use after shower. Hairbrush, Toothbrush and other accessories Going-home attire to use when you are ready to be discharged from the hospital. Cosmetics such as powder and lipstick and other stuff to make you look good when meeting friends who visit you and the baby or when you go home. Change of clothes for your husband Laptop which you can use to download pictures if you can’t wait to update friends of your childbirth but this can be optional. For baby: Receiving blankets to wrap around your baby to keep him or her warm. Baby clothes such as shirts, pajamas, mittens, bib, cap, socks or booties. Make sure you bring enough for the number of days of your stay in the hospital. Diapers for your newborn. Baby wipes to clean your baby. Baby bath or baby wash for your baby’s first bath by the hospital nurse. Baby’s towel to be used right after his or her first bath. Feeding bottles and formula milk can be used whenever your breast milk won’t come out yet but this is optional. Baby Book or Journal to record your baby’s information. Car seat which you need to bring your baby home.

Read more

I am 33 weeks and already packed. I have a friend who needed it at 32 weeks and regretted not being ready. Why wait? Pack comfortable PJs and clothes for you, and comfortable underwear is a must. Enough for at least 3 nights, probably extra too. Mittens and hat for baby, usually hospital will provide the rest, but you should check. "Going home" outfit for baby. Breast pads. What you need for paperwork too, passport/IC. You'll need car seat too for when taking baby home, best if somebody can bring when you're ready to leave the hospital.

Read more

1. Nursing tops (if you're planning to bf) / comfortable pajamas 2. Towel (if you're bathing in the hosp, not necessary if you don't mind using hosp ones) 3. Nipple cream (in case) 4. Tissue paper 5. Hair ties 6. Maternity pads (in case hosp ones not to your liking) 1. Baby clothes 2. Burp cloth 3. Swaddle 4. Mittens and booties

Read more

If u want a less hassle time, consider TMC. Think they prepared everything u might need except your own clothes. Might want to really go light because of the "extras" u will be having at discharge from the hospital. Your paper documents if u have signed up for cord blood banking will be important

At least a good month prior perhaps? Maybe thats just me being to careful! Here's a link to where u can find everything u need to pack, super helpful : http://sg.theasianparent.com/complete-delivery-bag-pack-list-hospital/

Hey. You may find this article useful: https://sg.theasianparent.com/hospital-bag-checklist-pampers

Around 30 weeks better to be ready then trying to tell someone over the phone what to get lol

i packed mine pretty early! 30weeks and ready packed!

When are u due