When can I feed egg yolk to my LO? And how many per day?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Egg yolks supply cholesterol, which is needed for mental development. Remember, babies need fats. Organic, cage-free chicken’s egg will also contain omega-3 fatty acids that stimulate brain development. Feeding your baby one egg yolk every day from the age of 6 to 8 months will provide these essential nutrients, as well as vitamin A and amino acids. the egg whites, are one of the top 8 of all allergens.  Most pediatric resources agree that egg yolks are fine for baby to eat when baby is around 8 months old.  Please keep in mind that the egg whites should not be fed to baby before 1 year old.

Read more
VIP Member

I fed my LO egg (egg white and egg yolk) when he was 9mths old. He was ok with it and he loved it. It is recommended to introduce LO egg after 1 yr old though. However, it depends of your family's history, any allergy? If no then high chances your LO should be ok. You may wish to read the useful link below for reference. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/eggs.htm

Read more

you can try feeding 1/4 of an egg yolk first before moving to half an egg yolk and finally a full yolk at about 10-12 months. if he is allergic before he is 12 months old, then you can try again when he is 12 months old. egg white is usually the one more prone to allergy, so best to offer it after 1.

Read more

Suggest to start with egg white and slowly move in to egg yolk. Best to start after a year old at least. Though my boy i gave him egss at 8 month old. My first born is allergic to eggs so i was very worried about my second boy being allergic to eggs as well. Thankfully he is able to take eggs.

VIP Member

Egg can be given about 9mths+-, egg white is the higher allergies one. My fren intro at 6 months and baby is ok, so depend on your baby, best give little bit and watch out for reaction, if no, perhaps it's safe to give more and monitor.

Must try after baby is 1 year plus and he/she may develop some allergies..

8mos and above. I gave hard boiled egg yolk i mixed into his porridge

Egg York is highly allergic food .better try after 12 mths/1 year old

9 months and above can eat eggs already.